Karma Bites by Stacy Kramer, Valerie Thomas Review

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Title: Karma Bites
By: Stacy Kramer, Valerie Thomas
Published: August 16th 2010 by Sandpiper
Genre: YA UF

Details: Paperback, 432 pages
Special Note: ARC Review
Karma Bites
Life seems to have it in for Franny Flanders.
Her best friends aren’t speaking, her parents just divorced, and her hippie grandmother has moved in. ...more Life seems to have it in for Franny Flanders.

Her best friends aren’t speaking, her parents just divorced, and her hippie grandmother has moved in. The only karma Franny’s got is bad karma.

Then Franny gets her hands on a box of magic recipes that could fix all of her problems. It could even change the world! Finally, life is looking up. But Franny is about to learn that magic and karma aren’t to be played with. When you mess with the universe, it can bite back in unexpected ways.

Ouch!

My Thoughts:

The main character in this novel, Franny Flanders, was so cute. The authors, Kramer and Thomas, did a fabulous job making the character not only likable but funny, which most of us writers know is hard to pull off. The concept is highly original and there were a lot of twists I was not excepting, which is awesome. The only issue I had with this novel was target range was a little lower in the Young Adult genre that I normally read, but I would definitely recommend this book to tweens and very early teen readers because I think they would get a kick out of Franny.

1 comments:

agirlreads said...

I'm reading this now and I just love it. Franny is so funny and I love her Granny :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison