Lure by Stephanie Jenkins

Friday, April 15, 2011

Title: Lure
Author: Stephanie Jenkins
Source: Ebook
Kindle Edition
Published March 29th 2011
Series: Siren's Lure




Plot:

Charlotte Brewer is sure she's crazy when she hears singing drifting from the ocean-normal people don't have arias playing on repeat in their head. When she gets wasted at a party and investigates the ethereal tune, she almost drowns. Charlotte comes to with an overwhelming thirst for salt water, a new desire to eat fish, and a heartbeat of only seven beats a minute. She wakes up by the sea almost every day and dead men wash up hours later.


But then Charlotte meets Lorelei, a siren. Lorelei reveals she saved her from drowning with the "Siren's Kiss"-a curse that made Charlotte a soulless immortal. Her role as a siren is simple: guide the souls of the dead at sea. Too bad taking care of the dead means being stuck in the middle of a war between a fertility goddess and the sirens . . . and losing her soul. If Charlotte wants to regain her mortality, she must find love with a mortal. And if she fails to secure it, she risks becoming a puppet to the gods.



My Thoughts:

I've read a ton of books, and I have to say Lure surpasses a lot of the books I've read lately. Charlotte  makes you root for her. Her story is so addictive. I literally couldn't put it down. The voice in the first paragraph hooked me right away and told me this was a girl I could totally be friends with. She isn't afraid to call someone out on their crap, which in my eyes makes for an awesome female lead character. She will keep you on your toes.


I was captivated by the first chapter. I just had to find out what/who was singing and putting Charlotte in a trace where time would literally be sucked away from her. The Siren's song that calls to her hypnotizes her and causes her to do some crazy things.

The other characters in the novel were also well written. It's so hard to make secondary characters lovable, but Jenkins has done an awesome job of making me care for them and interested in their stories as well.

If you want romance in a YA novel, this one is for you. Wyatt sizzles and I can see why Charlotte is attracted to him. Hooray for hot boys in YA!! LOL This really kept the read going too. I wanted to know more about him and I rooted for him and Charlotte to hook up.

There is plenty of mystery and suspense in this novel, so if your looking for a YA fantasy novel to read that rocks and still doesn't break the bank, give LURE a shot!! I love, love, loved it and would totally recommend!!


Get it Here for only 99cents!!!:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison