We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han - Review

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Title: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3)

Author: Jenny Han

Series: Summer
Hardcover, 288 pages

Published April 26th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Source: Galley Grab


Plot:

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.


My Thoughts:

If you haven't read the first two books stop here!
OMG, you guys. That's all I have to say about the final book in this series. I liked the first book, really liked the second book and absolutely LOVED the third. The third book was so emotional. Jeremiah had moments where I wanted to punch him in the face (you'll find out why about 20-30 pages in), which took me off guard because I never thought I'd feel that way toward him based on the previous novels. Jeremiah was always sweet and caring, and I found what he did was totally out of character for him, but I think it was a necessary evil that had to be done to help the story along, even the best guys flubbed up some times. That being said I loved the drama this novel brought. It was very real. Struggles real couples go through all the time, which makes for an awesome contemporary novel in my eyes.

The ending was bitter sweet. I think Belly made the right choice in the end. The last 10 chapters were the best in the whole book. Gah! They were so good I re-read them three times. Loved them!

If you are a YA contemporary fan or YA romance fan you'll love this series, especially this book! Awesome read! It'll hook you.


3 comments:

Athena said...

Great review! I recently read the first in the series, and I can't wait to get my hands on the next two!

Ελλάδα said...

i love the way jenny han puts in the twist how jeremiah cheats on belly! this puts the doubt in bellys mind. My biggest worry for this book is that she might pick Conrad. she thinks he is right for her but i want her to be with JEREMIAH!!! THIS BOOK WILL BE AMAZING FOR ALL READERS EVERYWHERE!

Annie McElfresh said...

Totally agree E!! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison