Zan-Gah by Allan Richard Shickman - Review

Monday, April 11, 2011

Quick Review:

Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure (Zan-Gah, #1)Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure by Allan Richard Shickman


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Fast paced read set in a prehistoric setting. This isn't the typical book I like to read, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. It kept me hooked. I put this one off for a while because, honestly I thought I wouldn't like it at all, but I'm glad I finally gave it a try. When I sat down with an open mind I flew through this book in about four hours. I would recommend this one to the younger YA audience, though--ages of 9-12. So if you are in the market for a fast read that is truly different from everything else out there in the YA market, give this novel a try.




More Reviews: Reading, Writing and Waiting




View all my reviews



Plot:

Zan-Gah, seeking his lost twin brother in a savage prehistoric world, encounters adventure, suffering, conflict, captivity, and final victory. In three years hero passes from an uncertain boyhood to a tried and proven manhood and a position of leadership among his people. Themes include survival, brotherhood, cultures, gender roles, psychological trauma, and nature's wonders and terrors. This is the electronic version of Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure, which has been awarded Mom's Choice Gold Medal for Series, the Eric Hoffer Notable Book Award, and was a finalist for ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year.

1 comments:

earthshakerbooks said...

Hi Annie, Thanks for reviewing. I see my books as suitable for ages 11-15 plus. I guess its a matter of the reader and of opinion. New installment of the story coming up: Dael and the Painted People. It's a book series. New website too:

www.zan-gah.net

Allan R. Shickman

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison