The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey #2)

by Julie Kagawa

Paperback, 359 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen (first published July 27th 2010)


Plot:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.


Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My Thoughts:

I'm a little late hoping on the Iron Fey ban wagon, but I love this series. Book #1 in this series totally hooked me in and this novel started off right where the first book left off. It was good to find out what was happening between Meghan and Ash. I'd missed them when I ended book one.

There's just something about a guy who tries to push the main character away because it's for his and her own good, but just can't fight his heart even though he knows the girl can throw his world off balance. This novel has that. In book one we really get to know Meghan and Ash and the short novella, Winter's Passage,  that falls between books one and two is a MUST READ. It lets you in on what happened on the rest of their journey to the Winter Kingdom and draws you further into the love story.

Ash is such a well developed character. He makes the story so enthralling, I literally carried this book around with me everywhere until I finished it. Not since Edward in Twilight has a love interest hooked me this way. He has so many inner demons and Meghan is the one person who can get beneath that frigid layer of ice that surrounds his heart. Love him!

Bottom line, I love this series and can't wait to read more. I've already read The Iron Queen and will post my review soon. I'm super excited that Ms. Kagawa is releasing a story soon from Ash's point of view. If you haven't read this series, DO IT!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison