Mercy by Rebecca Lim - Review

Monday, February 14, 2011

Title: Mercy
Author: Rebecca Lim
Published: October 28th 2010 by HarperCollins Children's Books
Special Note: ARC Tour



Plot:
An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, MERCY is the first book in a major new paranormal series.



There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.

My Thoughts:

I had really never heard of this one until I had received it through an ARC tour. There are so many angel books out there right now, it's hard to stand out. Mercy, however, was different than most angel books. If I didn't know ahead of time that Mercy was an angel, it would've took me a minute to figure it out. That's pretty much because it's part of her mystery. She doesn't really know what she is either. Her memory kind of gets scrambled every time she changes bodies.

The writing was nice and I enjoyed the toughness of the main character, Mercy, but the secondary characters were a bit cliche and forgettable.

This novel doesn't really focus on the whole angel thing, but rather the disappearance of a human girl. In the next novel (Yes, this is a series. Two more books in it) I hope there is more focus on the whole siding with Lucifier thing.

Read this one if you like angel books, or The Host.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison