Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

Monday, May 3, 2010

Bleeding Violet
Plot:
"From Booklist


After her father’s death, 16-year-old Hanna hitchhikes to Portero, Texas, the home of her mother, Rosalee, who abandoned her. Hanna is desperate for Rosalee to love and accept her, and Rosalee reluctantly makes a bargain: Hanna has two weeks to make friends and fit in at her school or she won't be allowed to stay. Hanna has never fit in anywhere, though. Struggling with manic depression, she hears voices and hallucinates, wears only purple dresses, and has a history of violence. Portero is no ordinary town, though, and Hanna learns that it is haunted by doors to other dimensions and plagued by dangerous creatures from those realms. Wyatt, a powerful young initiate in the Mortmaine, a demon-hunting organization, recruits Hanna, and together they struggle to deal with an ancient evil that threatens the town and Hanna’s future. With plenty of sex and violence, this is a book for mature teens, who will find Portero to be an intriguing world and biracial Hanna a startlingly unusual heroine with a poignant, memorable voice. Grades 10-12." --Lynn Rutan
 
My Thoughts:
I was immediatly drawn to Hanna, mainly because she has a mental illness like my main character in DEMON, and I love the elements that adds to the story. Literally, anything can happen when characters have such a major flaw.
 
The first three chapters absolutly blew me away. The tension was great and I was on the edge of my seat because my curiosity was so peaked. I won't give it away, but you will be like WHOA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison