A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful #1) by Suzanne Young

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful #1) by

Hardcover, 272 pages
Published June 21st 2011 by Balzer & Bray




Plot:
We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.

Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.
My Thoughts:

A Need So Beautiful is a novel that will stay with you. It's different. The whole time I was trying to figure things out, and I have to say I was pretty close with my predictions, but the ending threw me for a loop.  Harlin absolutely made the book for me. It was nice to go into a novel with the main character already in a stable relationship and watch her struggle to maintain it with Harlin.The Need forces Charlotte to do things she doesn't want to do. When she tries to fight it, the pain is overwhelming. Harlin stays with her, he fights to keep her with him even though he's clueless what he's fighting against.

The ending is where everything goes down. You'll see what choice Charlotte makes and how much of a sacrifice it is. I felt my heart strings tug a lot in the last few pages.

I cannot wait for book two! I have to see what happens next, because for once, I am clueless on what could happen. This really was tied up so nicely it could've been a stand alone book, so I am interested to see what Charlotte will be up to!

Read this one if you like stories about helping people, angels, supernatural stores and great romance. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison