The Iron King by Julie Kagawa--REVIEW

Friday, August 27, 2010

Title: The Iron King
By: Julie Kagawa
Published: Feb 1, 2010 (Harlequin Teen)
Rating: 4 out of 5



Meghan Chase has never fit in at her small-town high school, and now, on the eve of her 16th birthday, she discovers why. When her half brother is kidnapped, Meghan is drawn into a fantastical world she never imagined--the world of Faery, where anything you see may try to eat you, and Meghan is the daughter of the summer faery king. Now she will journey into the depths of Faery to face an unknown enemy . . . and beg the help of a winter prince who might as soon kill her as let her touch his icy heart. The Iron King is the first book in the Iron Fey series.
My Thoughts: 

I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened this novel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Meghan reeled me in immediately with her vulnerability and I rooted for her to succeed from the moment the jerky jock kid sent the dirty text in the intro. Ms. Kagawa has done a wonderful job weaving in a commonly known faerie story and twisting it to work with her story.

Now, on to the boys. I'm thinking her BFF likes her, even though he's her sworn protector, but I'm not sure...Guess I'll have to wait and see how that works out in the next installment in this series. Ash, on the other hand, there is definite sexual tension there, and I love it. Even though Ash wants to kill her, I still find him hot. Maybe, it's because of that whole bad-boy vibe he emits? :) All I can say is I'm team Ash!

This YA novel is thick with romance, but I expected that since it was published by Harlequin Teen. So, if you are into faeries, bad boys who want to kill but still make you swoon, and old-time rivalries, this one's for you.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison