Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Everneath (Everneath #1)

by
Hardcover, 370 pages
Expected publication: January 24th 2012 by Harper Collins / Balzer + Bray 
Source: Netgalley


Plot:

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...


My Thoughts:
I just closed this book and felt compelled to write this review right away. There are so many paranormal books out there that sometimes they all seem to blend together. Then, when you least expect it, you begin a paranormal novel that is so different you can’t put it down. I love it when a novel is so out in left field, it defies ever rational thought I have about what the underworld is suppose to be like. Plus, anything that can tie in Greek mythology and make you wonder if some things could actually be true…is a fantastic book. EVERNEATH grabbed me by the arms and yanked me into it’s world. I could not put it down. I read it in, like, two sittings. It’s that good!

The Everneath is a place where immortals called Everlastings, take Forfeits, basically human sacrifices, to the Feed.  They feed off emotions. And when we meet our main character she is just coming out of the Feed, and things are a little confusing, but so interesting you’ll find that you can’t turn the pages quick enough to find out what’s going on and how things got to the point they are. This was so different. This was a completely new description of hell and what is like. And I’ve never met an immortal like these.

Another interesting thing about this book is the transitions. Often times I find myself skimming parts of the story on how a character gets from one scene to the next. Everneath there wasn’t a need to do that. There will just be a short italicized line that says: In my room, in my car, at Cole’s condo. That was really refreshing. I liked it because it cut to the chase and kept me hooked.

I recommend this novel to ANY paranormal lover. I cannot wait for book #2. I gotta know what happens. Nik and Jack’s love story tore me apart and I want more. It’s so great. This novel makes my top ten best books I read in 2011 list! Mark this one on your TO BE READ list immediately.


2 comments:

Speech Delay Mamma said...

Reading it now and I'm loving it. Don't want it to end!

Anonymous said...

I loved this book... I can't wait for the sequel, "Neverfall", this December!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison