Firelight by Sophie Jordan--Review

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Title: Firelight
Author: Sophie Jordan
Hardcover, 336 pages

Published September 7th 2010 by Harper Teen
Series: Draki #1
Special Note: ARC Review



Plot: 

With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

My Thoughts:

There were tons of things I loved about this novel. I especially liked how from page one you see Jacinda not only transform into her fire-breathing draki form, but you see she's a bit rebellious too. The plot thickens when you discover Jacinda is promised to the leader of the pride's son. Nothing like an arranged marriage to make you root for a guy who really loves her to swoop in and save her, which is where Will comes in. *Sigh* Will and Jacinda make an awesome couple! When you first meet Will it's hard to tell if is a good guy or not because he's a draki hunter, but that doesn't take away from his sexiness.

I love the spin on dragons in this novel and the romance pushes this story to an awesome level. I really liked this one!

5 comments:

Bast said...

I loved this book, too ... for many of the same reasons as you.
Another thing I loved about this book was that it was in first person present tense. Normally I hate it. But with this book, I was maybe 75% through the book before I even realized it was present tense. Sophie Jordan did such a good job.

Annie McElfresh said...

I heart first person present and I've noticed it a lot lately. I even did a post on a while back about all the ARCs I've been getting were in 1st person present.

Tere Kirkland said...

I loved the tense, and felt it helped the pacing. Can't wait for the sequel! Jacinda is a great character and what's not to love about Will? I totally agree with your whole review.

Very well written and plotted with a beautiful cover.

Jeremy said...

I can't wait to read this one. I've heard so many good reviews and of course the cover is awesome.

Amber said...

Glad to read you loved it so much. I've heard so many good things about this book-- especially about the romance. I look forward to reading it soon! Thanks for the review.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison