Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday Review

Friday, May 25, 2012

Title: Deadly Cool
Author: Gemma Halliday
Paperback, 303 pages
Published October 11th 2011 by HarperTeen 


Plot:

Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren’t enough, now he’s depending on Hartley to clear his name.

But as much as Hartley wouldn’t mind seeing him squirm, she knows he’s innocent, and she’s the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school’s resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer’s next victim.


My Thoughts:

The first thing that caught my attention about this novel was the incredible voice. The main character, Hartley, pulled me in right away. Her inner thought process was so sharp and witty. I felt like she was real. The opening paragraphs were great. Hooked me right away and I rooted for her from the beginning to get to the bottom of her boyfriend dilemma.  


I love mysteries. I haven't read a really good who is the killer one since I read Clarity and The Body Finder series...until now. I love books where the main character turns all Veronica Mars and gets down to the bottom of the story.


The only thing I didn't like about this story was the fact that Hartley helped her cheating boyfriend in the first place. I myself would have said sink or swim on your own, baby. But, to each their own I guess and I am glad she did get pissed at him several times over the whole cheating thing. She had every right to HATE his guts. 


Overall, I recommend this novel. Fans of murder mystery series will love this series.

1 comments:

The Teen Book Guru said...

Oooh great review!! I have yet to read any of Gemma Halliday's books, but since I am a huge fan of The Body Finder series, I think that I will give this a go. I love a good mystery book!! :) I'm a new follower and just thought I'd drop by to say HI :) I love the look of your blog!! It's so cool!! <3

xx
Riya

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison