Breakup Letters: Because Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

Sunday, November 21, 2010

So we've all been there. We've all been heartbroken at some point or another. Even our main characters (MCs) go through this. In YA we see so many female MCs first fall for the "bad boy" and then only break up with him a few chapters later. Guess that just makes for a good read.



Anyway, I wanted to start a post where we, as authors, can write a letter to one of our favorite or hated love interests and break up with them. Tell them about all their faults. You can write it from the female counterpart of the story or write it directly from you. Thought this might be a fun way to get some NANO creative juices flowing!! I'll share my lame attempt first and you can play along from your blog and post here to share!

Dear William Compton,


I hate how you came into my life and promised to love me forever only to find out later it was all a ploy to sell me out later. You completely betrayed my trust, and for that I will never forgive you. That's why I have to end this. You're no good for me. All you do is drag me down and get me into trouble. Even the first night I met you, you nearly got me killed tangling with the Ratrays. I should've realized then, dating you would only break my heart or worse off, get me dead. I wish I would've never met you Bill.


Well, I take that back. If I hadn't met you, I would not have met my true soul mate, Eric Northman. He's twice the man vampire you'll ever be.


In the future I hope you learn not to decieve the person you love, even if it's 'just part of your job', only because you really only care about yourself.


Love, 


Sookie Stackhouse 


1 comments:

HowLynnTime said...

Yes and YES! I am so sick of Bill!

Dear Bill, Hey Dude, you suck and not in a good way like my new babycakes Eric. The end...I wanna do bad thing to him now. I hope we can always be friends, Soooooookie

Also,

Dear Stephen, Your Brother is hotter, and you are too dreary. You also look funny when you cry, and your eyebrows have gotten scary. Damon and I are going to kiss now dang it. Have fun in the tomb with Kathy, we will feed you if we happen to be in your neck of the woods. Love Elena

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams Storybook Collection by Lorie Davison